Tuesday, September 24, 2019
For students 5th & up.
Experiment with the world of design and build unique projects that take inspiration from the great artists and designers of the past and present. Understand what distinguishes their style, materials, ideas, and techniques in order to fuel your custom creations. Design a multilayered wall art piece, engineer a mobile, practice printmaking skills, and fashion a fiber creation. Join us in “the lab” and test out your creative ideas.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn about the major principles of art and design including color, shape, balance, pattern, repetition, line, composition, space, and texture
- Examine the works of innovative artists, designers, engineers, architects and makers and examine their distinct style
- Use great works of the past as inspiration for a variety of original projects
- Practice artistic techniques in drawing, painting, sculpture, fiber, and digital art
- Explore production materials and methods of woodworking, laser cutting, 3D printing, building, weaving, sewing, and embroidery
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Inkscape design software
- Laser cutter
- 3D printers
- Hand and power woodworking tools
- Cricut vinyl cutter
- Hand looms
- Sewing machines
This class meets on Tuesdays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/24-11/26.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.