Experience the joy of handcraft combined with hi-tech machines. Create a high-quality, family heirloom while learning woodworking, laser cutting and design. Use hand and power tools, clamps and glue to build a beautiful keepsake board. Finish it off with your own laser-engraved design.
Adults and accompanied youth welcome at this four-hour workshop!
What you will do
- Create a design on paper that combines multiple types and widths of wood strips (maple, walnut and cherry).
- Learn to cut strips with the table saw and chop saw*
- Glue and clamp the strips into your chosen design
- Plane, sand and route your cutting boards
- Learn about laser engraving and design
- Engrave your design onto your finished cutting board**
*You will not cut all your own strips due to time constraints
**Depending on designs and number of participants, you may need to return to pickup your engraved board
***Fee is per project so you can work with a partner on one project!