For students 5th & up.
Design and make your own board game from scratch in this creativity filled program of strategy, plot development, designing, building, and making. Gamers will learn hand drawing, design software, laser cutting, 3D modeling and printing. Final artistic finishing techniques will bring your game to life for the game playing finale. Then take your game home to play with friends and family...game on!
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn about the history of board games
- Investigate how board games operate and are played
- Practice game-play and strategy
- Examine the process of creating and conceptualizing a board game
- Develop skills in digital drawing and hand finishing techniques
- Create a finished board game, complete with a rule book, board, box, and game pieces (cards, characters, game pieces, tokens, dice, etc.)
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Inkscape design software
- RD Works laser software
- Laser cutter
- Basic 3D modeling and design in TinkerCad
- 3D printing
This class meets on Tuesdays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/24-11/26.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.