For students 5th & up.
If you can think it, you can model it! Discover the ever evolving world of 3D modeling and making. Participants will be introduced to a variety of software tools for 3D modeling and then learn all about the machines, materials, and hands-on techniques to make these models. One is not enough? Learn how models can be reproduced in different 3D printing materials, on various machines or casted through mold-making.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn about the 3D modeling design process
- Experience multiple 3D modeling software platforms including TinkerCad (regular and blocks mode) and Fusion 360
- Produce models via 3D printing, CNC carving and laser cutting
- Practice hand finishing projects using sand paper, paint, stain, glue
- Experiment with hydrodipping for graphics transfer onto 3D printed items
- Study the art of mold making and create molds to make soap and chocolate!
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Tinkercad (regular and blocks coding)
- Fusion 360 and Fusion slicing software
- Cura 3D printing software
- Several types of 3D printers using PLA, Onyx and wood filament
- CNC Carving machine
- Laser cutter
- Vacuum former
- Wood shop tools as needed
This class meets on Wednesdays for 10 weeks. Class runs 9/25-12/11. There is no class 10/9 and 11/27.
CANCELLATION POLICYRefunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.