Wednesday, September 25, 2019
For students 5th & up.
Sing, act, and make your way into the world of set design and model making. Select a scene from a favorite show, book, movie, or your own imagination. Then build your mini-stage and make your scene come to life and learn a variety of planning and stage-craft techniques along the way. In collaboration with the wonderful team at Artbarn Community Theater, we offer the opportunity to come play with us this fall and make a scene!
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn about the history of theatre and set design
- Develop a vocabulary of important stage terminology and stage directions
- Examine how actors and stagehands interact with a set and how set design can influence the audience experience
- Learn about scale and proportions to create a 1:24 scale model stage
- Use computer software to design and laser cut your creative vision
- Create and finish your stage with curtains, set pieces, a backdrop, and props
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Inkscape design software
- Laser cutter
- Sewing machines
- Hand sewing and finishing tools
- Wood shop tools as needed
This class meets on Wednesdays for 10 weeks. Class runs 9/25-12/11. There is no class 10/9 and 11/27.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.