Thursday, September 26, 2019
For students 5th & up.
Whether it's a city brownstone, a house on the beach, or a cabin in the woods, you will design, build, landscape, furnish and decorate your dream house from the ground up while learning principles of architecture, construction, interior design, and sustainability. Finish off your perfect home with paint, fabric, stone, wood and more.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Examine architecture and architectural terminology
- Learn about scale and proportion in order to draft a 1:24 house blueprint
- Develop skills in digital drawing and preparing files for laser cutting
- Build a realistic house model with beautiful hand finishing touches
- Furnish and decorate your home by creating custom furnishings and textiles
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Inkscape design software
- RD Works laser software
- Laser cutter
- Basic 3D modeling and design
- 3D printing
- Hand sewing
- Wood shop tools as needed
This class meets on Thursdays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/26-12/5. There is no class 11/28.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.