top of page
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
For students 5th & up.
Welcome to the wild world of textiles! In this class you will be exploring a wide range of processes involved in the making of clothing. Upgrade your old or thrifted clothes from drab to fab! Learn the importance of textile sustainability and have fun along the way. Take home multiple finished pieces of your own creation.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn the basics of a sewing machine to make your own apron
- Design, block print, and embellish your own fabric for a personalized tote bag
- Explore the theory of pattern making and draft your very own unique pattern
- Practice the basics of embroidery and explore the art of patch making and application
- Upcycle your old or thrifted garments to create a new expression of your personal style
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery needle and hoop
- Hand sewing tools
- Drafting and drawing implements
- Block carving tools, blocks, and ink
This class meets on Tuesdays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/24-11/26.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.
bottom of page