Hands On 3D Printing - Build your own!
July 14 & July 16, 2020 : 6pm-8:30pm
Get started 3D printing with your very own 3D printer at home! We will teach you how to build, maintain, and get ready to explore the fascinating world of 3D printing.
What we will do
- Unbox and build the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer
- Setup for printing - load filament, level the bed, and learn to navigate menus
- Print a pre-sliced 3D model
- Install and configure Cura
- Learn to slice and print a provided 3D model
- Review best practices for printing, proper maintenance, and safety
Learn to create your own 3D models!
We Invite you to join us for our 3D modeling classes
- Introduction to 3D Printing and Modeling - This class is for adults to learn the basics of 3D modeling.
- Introduction to 3D Printed Jewelry - This class is for adults to learn the basics of 3D modeling.
Technical Issues and Support Options
This class includes two weeks of free tech support open hours on Wednesdays from 5pm-6pm
You can also join our free Open Workshop Online on Tuesdays from 7pm-8pm
3D Printer Purchase
The Makery can purchase the 3D printer and PLA and deliver locally. There is an extra fee for this service.
The most economical option is to purchase your own printer. Please ensure adequate time for delivery before the program date (up to 3 weeks for Creality and shorter for Amazon).
Local Boston Area- Micro Center - Order online, pickup in store
Amazon - Reliable Shipping - Arrives within 3-5 days
PLA Filament - Suggested brand Hatchbox or Flash Forge
Please ensure the printer will be delivered before the start of this program.
Printer Disclaimer: We are recommending and providing a service to order the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer. However this order and ship service does not imply warranties on the printer. Please contact the manufacturer for any issues with shipping or quality of the product.