Introduction to Laser Cutting and Design Online
1 Thursday : May 7 , 2020 : 6:30pm-9pm
Learn the physical process of laser cutting, basic design tools and techniques, and how to produce high-quality laser projects. Practice your new skills by completing a design for a 12x12 plywood cut. Your design will be manufactured and delivered to your home.
What we will do.
- Teach you about how the laser works and give a demonstration
- Introduce Inkscape, an Open Source design tool used to design for the laser
- Review options for cutting, engraving, and how to set power levels and cut speeds
- Discuss various materials that can be used for cutting or engraving
- Talk about how The Makery can be used for your virtual laser cutting and engraving projects