The perfect introduction to working with metal and producing beautiful custom jewelry. Explore the possibilities of creating sculpture and jewelry with wire! Learn various wrapping, shaping, and connection techniques to create 2D and 3D shapes and figures. Delve into stone capturing and adding custom accents for a one-of-a kind metal masterpiece.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn the proper technique for manipulating and bending metal wire
- Explore wire gauge sizes and test out additional accent materials
- Practice sculpting learn about adding volume to your creation
- Make small wire sculptures and produce a hanging wire mobile
- Draft and sketch ideas for your personal project
- Create settings and stone captures for semi-precious stones
- Design, produce, and finish an original wire wrapped pendant from start to finish
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Various metal working pliers
- Wire cutters
- Stone setting tools
- Wood shop tools as needed
This class meets on Fridays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/27-12/13. There is no class 11/8 and 11/29.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.