Lamp Making Online
2 Saturdays, April 18 & 25, 2020 : 10am-12.30pm
Please note that due to differentiated prices for material choices the class fee does not include materials. Please see below for details on material fees.
In this two session class you will experience the making of a custom designed lamp using laser cutting, wood working, electrical wiring and artistic finishing techniques. Additional materials fees apply. Please see details below.
What we will do
- Learn a design program called Inkscape to create a custom design for your lamp shade
- Learn about laser cutting to cut panels for your lamp shade
- Create unique effects for the shade using paint, glass, paper backing and other materials
- Learn basic woodworking while cutting, sanding and finishing a solid wood lamp base
- Learn how to add hardware and wiring to electrify your lamp
NOTE: The woodworking section of this online class will involve a demonstration and instructions on how it is done. You will order your lamp base and we will make it for you!
A materials fee will be collected during the workshop and will depend on the selected lamp design and chosen base.
Box shade - $20
Dodecahedron shade - $30
Metal base - $15/$20(large)
Wood base and electrical components - $30
- Maple (small or large)
- Walnut (small or large)
LED Soft Light Bulb - $5