Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Tuesdays and Thursdays for three weeks | April 14 - April 30 | 3pm-4:30pm
4th - 8th grade
Get started with robotics. Learn the basics of building and controlling a robot in a fun and interactive class. Each session the students will meet virtually for 90 minutes and will have a follow up "homework" assignment to try out before the next class. Students will do both mechanical problem solving to design their robots and programming to control their robot.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Build a robot around the EV3 Lego Robotics model
- Learn how to do basic programming
- Learn to navigate the robot around obstacles
- Learn how to use and program the different sensors (light sensor, touch sensor, IR sensor, gyroscope)
REQUIRED STUDENT EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES:
- Students must have their own Lego Mindstorms EV3 kit (either the Home or Educational kit is fine. The link to purchase one: )
- Students will need to run the Lego Mindstorms Education software on a Windows or MacOS computer.
*Note the Lego Mindstorms software is not compatible with the latest MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
Students will need to have access to a computer during class hours that has both a camera and a microphone in order to meet virtually with their instructor and classmates over Zoom.