Summer Makers - July 20-24, 2020
Rising 4th grade and up
3-5pm extended day
The ultimate youth makerspace experience! The goal of Summer Makers is to create excitement and energy around making. We provide young makers a mix of technical and creative skills that foster confidence in their ability to bring ideas and designs to life.
Daily Guiding Principles Each Day at Summer Makers provides time for...
- Encouraging discussions around making and asking questions about "How stuff works?"
- Working on a group or collaborative making project
- Sharing and presentation of ideas
AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN A NEW SKILL:
- Learning or furthering a skill in the makerspace environment
- Choosing from a variety of making projects or continuing on with a previous project
- Exploring the rich world of a STEAM-based, Art-Tech maker environment including design software and principals, laser cutting, woodworking, CNC milling, art, electronics, 3D printing, sewing and fiber arts
SPACE FOR EXPLORATION, TRIAL, AND REFLECTION:
- Fostering independence and critical thinking.
- Helping develop resiliency by reflecting on what worked, what didn’t, and why.
9am - Arrival
9am-9:30am - Group activity or learning opportunity
9:30-12pm - Visits to 2 of 3 making stations
12pm-1pm - Lunch and group activity. Possible outdoor time (weather dependent)
1pm-2pm - Final making station
2pm-3pm - Open Studio - a relaxed time to further explore and try out new making techniques, work on independent projects or continue working on station projects
3pm-5pm (extended day)
CANCELLATION POLICY Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.