Summer Makers Session 6
Rising 4th grade and up
The ultimate youth makerspace experience! The goal of Summer Makers is to create excitement and energy around making. We provide young makers a mix of technical and creative skills that foster confidence in their ability to bring ideas and designs to life.
Daily Guiding Principles
Each Day at Summer Makers provides time for...
- Encouraging discussions around making and asking questions about "How stuff works?"
- Working on a group or collaborative making project
- Sharing and presentation of ideas
- A group experience for effective community problem solving
AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN A NEW SKILL:
- Learning or furthering a skill in the makerspace environment
- Choosing from different making projects or continuing on with a previous project
- Exploring the rich world of a STEAM-based, Art-Tech maker environment including design software and principals, laser cutting, woodworking, CNC milling, art and finishing techniques, 3D printing, electronics, building, sewing and fiber arts
SPACE FOR EXPLORATION, TRIAL, AND REFLECTION:
- Fostering independence and critical thinking.
- Helping develop resiliency by reflecting on what worked, what didn’t, and why.
- Morning: 8-9am
- Lunch & Outdoor Time: 12-1pm
- Afternoon: 4-5pm
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.