Tiny Houses! Summer Program
Monday, July 26, 2021
5th grade & up; In-person (max 6 students)
Indoor & Outdoor (as weather allows)
Monday - Friday: 9am-12pm
Could you live in a Tiny House? How would you fit everything you need into 400 square feet or less?
This summer’s all about Tiny Houses at The Makery. In this week-long program, you will build and customize your very own scale model Tiny House.
You will choose from one of our three tiny house models. Then we will teach you how to assemble and customize it with fixtures, furniture, decorative finishes, and landscaping. As your Tiny House takes shape, you will put into practice the principles of architecture, construction, interior, and landscape design. Dream big in your tiny space!
HOUSE OPTIONS - Pick one, You will need to indicate your choice on the registration form.
Click here to see the house options
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The Makery has left our premises on Sewalll Avenue, we are currently operating out of a renovated maker studio in a victorian home in Coolidge Corner. Students will have access to our indoor making area as well as a delightful backyard and patio space. Address: 17 Coolidge Street, Brookline, MA 02446
- Students will have a 20-minute snack break each day. Please provide your own nut-free snack.
- Students should also bring their own, labeled water bottles.
*A note about health protocols.
- This class will be in-person, partially indoors, and partially outdoors.
- In order to maintain physical distance indoors, the maximum number of students per session is 6.
- We will follow state guidelines for mask protocols for children 5th and up throughout the program.
- Students will wash their hands upon arrival and before eating.
- We will have hand sanitizer available for use throughout the class.
- Students' projects will be stored in separate containers.