For students 5th & up.
Looking for an all hands on deck experience? Join us for a skill building workshop series. Explore the craft of woodworking while making a variety of fun and useful items from wood and other materials. Build skills in drafting, cutting, sanding, hand and power tools, gluing, clamping, sanding, finishing techniques, and design.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Learn about shop etiquette, procedures, and safety protocols
- Develop skills in drafting and product design
- Explore options and methods of joinery
- Work on a variety of projects including small wood and resin items, accessory station/holder, magnetic memo board, and a foldable wooden backgamon game box
- Practice wood finishing and staining techniques
- Design a mentored, personal woodworking project (time permitting)
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Basic hand tools
- Drill press
- Band saw
- Miter saw
- Laser cutter
- Palm sander
This class meets on Mondays for 10 weeks. Class runs from 9/23-12/16. No class on 9/30,10/14, 11/11.
Refunds minus 5% processing fee issued with written cancellation requests 30 days prior to the start date of the program. 50% minus 5% processing fee refunds issued up to two weeks prior to start date of the program.