Introduction to Laser Cutting and Design AFP0
Time & Location
About The Event
2 Thursdays : April 2 & 9, 2020 : 6:30pm-9pm
Learn the physical process of laser cutting, basic design tools and techniques, and how to produce high-quality laser projects. Practice your new skills by designing, cutting and etching designs using a variety of materials including plywood, fabric, slate, and glass (time permitting).
What we will do.
- Teach you about how the laser works and give a demonstration
- Introduce Inkscape, an Open Source design tool used to design for the laser
- Review options for cutting, engraving and how to set power levels and cut speeds
- Work with various materials to produce one or more laser-cut items to take home.
NOTE: Due to time constraints on the laser, it is sometimes necessary to pick up items designed in class at a later date. However, we will make every effort to produce the items during class time.
- Intro - Laser Cutting & Design$130$1300$0