Sewing, Laser Cutting & Engraving with Fabric AFP0
Time & Location
About The Event
2 Saturdays, June 20, 27, 2020 : 10am-12:30pm
How can a laser cutter enhance your sewing, upcycling and textile design practice? Learn how in this introductory class.
What we will do
- Sketch a design on paper
- Import the design into Inkscape, a vector-based design tool
- Use the laser to cut out and/or engrave a design on your fabric
- Finish your piece with hand and/or machine sewing
- Embellish textile engravings with embroidery accents
Instructor Bio: Adeline Thibeault
Adeline is a graduate of UMass Dartmouth with her BFA in Textile Design and Fiber Arts. While in school, Adeline learned and developed a wide range of techniques from papermaking to digital pattern making. Although her main focus lies within fibers she is also a lover of the fine arts, art history, and science. In her spare time Adeline loves to read, go for walks in nature, and continues to create for herself. She is a big advocate for sustainability in the textile industry and works toward sharing that knowledge to advocate for a cleaner safer world.
- Sewing & Laser Cutting$130$1300$0