*Please Note, you must fill out one of these forms for EACH child
you have registered for programming at The Makery
Waiver of Liability - Minors
Parent or Legal Guardian
You are required to read the following information very carefully and make sure that you understand it fully and sign it before allowing your child to use the Facilities and/or participate in the programs offered by The Makery.
FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE MAKERY FACILITIES
1. This document pertains to the agreement between the minor child named below (the “Minor Child”)
and CITY MAKERY, LLC d/b/a THE MAKERY (the “RELEASEE”), that is prerequisite for the Minor Child’s access to and use of the RELEASEE’S equipment and facilities (the “Facilities”) located at: 2 Sewall
Avenue, Brookline, MA 02446 and 12 Sewall Avenue, Brookline, MA 02446 (the “Buildings”).
2. In consideration for the Minor Child’s permission to access the RELEASEE’S Facilities and make use
of the related contents and equipment, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT
TO SUE THE RELEASEE from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by the Minor Child, or any of the property belonging to the Minor Child, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE, while participating in such use, or while in, on or
upon the Facilities or the Buildings.
3. I am fully aware of the unusual risks involved and hazards connected with any kind of use of the
Facilities and equipment, especially the operation of machine tools and related metalworking and woodworking activity, and I hereby elect to voluntarily enroll the Minor Child in such activity with full knowledge that such activity may be hazardous to the Minor Child or the Minor Child’s property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, which may be sustained by the Minor Child, or any loss or damage to property, owned by the Minor Child, as a result of being engaged in such activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
4. As food and drink may be made available by the RELEASEE, I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, which may be sustained by the Minor Child, or any loss or damage to property, owned by the Minor Child, as a result of consumption of food or drink provided by RELEASEE, whether provided free
of charge or otherwise.
5. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEE from any loss,
liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, which may be incurred due to the Minor Child’s participation in such activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE
6. It is my EXPRESS INTENT that this WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall bind the Minor Child and members of the Minor Child’s family and invitees as well as me and my family, spouse, employees, agents and invitees, and all of our respective heirs, assigns and personal representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEE. I hereby further agree that this WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
7. I hereby give permission to The Makery for emergency transportation and/or treatment in the event of
illness or injury to the Minor Child and I hereby accept responsibility for the payment of any such emergency transportation and/or treatment. I further certify that the Minor Child is in good physical condition, and has no medical or physical conditions that would restrict his/her use of the Facilities or the programs offered by The Makery.
8. I hereby give my child permission to participate in all outdoor activities and local filed trips. I understand that the Minor Child will walk to various destinations in the neighborhood in and around Brookline. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless The Makery from any claim arising out of injury to my child during programming hours.
9. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I
execute this RELEASE for full, adequate and complete consideration, fully intending to be bound by the same.