Maker Studio Online - Art-Tech-Design
Rising 6th and up : 10 weeks : Thursdays 3pm-5pm : October 8, 2020 - December 17, 2020
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Explore various artistic mediums
- Explore digital design for laser cutting
- Explore graphic design
- Learn basic 3D Modeling & Design
- Be inspired and encouraged by classmates and instructors
- Have fun & be challenged to try new things!
TOOLS & MACHINES WE WILL USE
- Inkscape design software
- Laser cutting*
- 3D modeling software
- 3D printers*
* manufacturing will be done on-site at The Makery. Students will either pickuip their materials or materials will be shipped to students homes.
Students are required to be able to run the latest version of Inkscape (free online design software) on a Windows or MacOS computer, as well as have access to a computer during class hours in order to meet virtually with their instructor and classmates over Zoom. Students will also have pieces that they design delivered to their house, so we ask that you review our health and wellness procedures before joining the class.
The Maker Studio curriculum has been designed to focus on educational making projects that have real life functionality. Projects will vary, but may include decorative wall art, lamps, bookends, puzzles, shelfs, clocks, and personalized gifts.